Re: location of UnicodeData.txt

Edmund GRIMLEY EVANS <edmundo@rano.org> writes:

> Intuitively, I would guess you could make a program conform to Unicode
> without using a derivative of UnicodeData.txt. Copyright applies to
> the expression of the facts, not the facts themselves, so you can
> still write your own, original description of how Unicode characters
> are handled.

UnicodeData.txt is used as an input data file for many programs, so
there's no way around it.

I believe that the file is free as it stands, though it appears that I
was negligent about honoring the license terms in packaging, which
will be rectified in the next release.  (I expect that will be
sometime in December or January.)