Re: Linux kernel complete licence check, Q.15

Giacomo Catenazzi wrote:
>  *      All the material in this file is subject to the Gnu license
> version 2.

I think this is ambiguous.  Both the GNU GPL or the GNU LGPL have a version
2 revision; the currently in-use and well-known GNU GPL and an older release
of the GNU LGPL as the FSF tells us:

  "Between version 2 and 2.1, the GNU LGPL was renamed from the GNU Library
   General Public License to the GNU Lesser General Public License to better
   reflect its actual purpose."

on http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html their list of various
licenses (and comments about them).  I don't think it's much to ask that GNU
GPL be specified clearly.  I also think it's wise to copy the text at the
end of the GPL to indicate licensing under the GPL.