Re: Please review license change for cl-defsystem3

Very well guys. :)  Looks like everybody is happy.

Just give me some time and I will make the changes to the license and
make a new release on CLOCC.

Stay tuned for the announcement.

Cheers

> Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 12:29:14 -0500
> From: Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org>
> Cc: Marco Antoniotti <marcoxa@cs.nyu.edu>,
>    Peter Van Eynde <pvaneynd@debian.org>
>
> On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 09:46:38AM -0700, Kevin Rosenberg wrote:
> > I've been in contact with the authors and Copyright holders to
> > mk-defsystem. They are agreeable to changing the license as
> > follows. My opinion is that it is DFSG-compatible, but they'd like the
> > opinion of the the experts before changing the license.
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> Thanks for following up!
>
> > ;;; Copyright (c) 1989 - 1999 Mark Kantrowitz. All rights reserved.
> > ;;;               1999 - 2002 Mark Kantrowitz and Marco Antoniotti. All
> > ;;;                           rights reserved.
> >
> > ;;; Use, copying, modification, merging, publishing, distribution
> > ;;; and/or sale of this software, source and/or binary files and
> > ;;; associated documentation files (the "Software") and of derivative
> > ;;; works based upon this Software are permitted, as long as the
> > ;;; following conditions are met:
> >
> > ;;;    o this copyright notice is included intact and is prominently
> > ;;;      visible in the Software
> > ;;;    o if modifications have been made to the source code of the
> > ;;;      this package that have not been adopted for inclusion in the
> > ;;;      official version of MK-DEFSYSTEM as maintained by the Copyright
>
> (silly nitpick)
>
> It's not necessary to capitalize "copyright".
>
> > ;;;      holders, then the modified package MUST CLEARLY identify that
> > ;;;      such package is a non-standard and non-official version of
> > ;;;      MK-DEFSYSTEM.  Furthermore, it is strongly encouraged that any
> > ;;;      modifications made to MK-DEFSYSTEM be sent via e-mail to the
> > ;;;      MK-DEFSYSTEM maintainers for consideration of inclusion in the
> > ;;;      official MK-DEFSYSTEM package.
>
> Just a suggestion, but they might want to say "the Software" instead of
> "MK-DEFSYSTEM", since they already went to the trouble of defining "the
> Software" in the first paragraph.
>
> But my suggestion is certainly not relevant to the DFSG.
>
> > ;;; THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
> > ;;; EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF
> > ;;; MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
> > ;;; IN NO EVENT SHALL M. KANTROWITZ AND M. ANTONIOTTI BE LIABLE FOR ANY
> > ;;; CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT,
> > ;;; TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE
> > ;;; SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
> >
> > ;;; Except as contained in this notice, the names of M. Kantrowitz and
> > ;;; M. Antoniotti shall not be used in advertising or otherwise to promote
> > ;;; the sale, use or other dealings in this Software without prior written
> > ;;; authorization from M. Kantrowitz and M. Antoniotti.
>
> This license looks DFSG-free to me.  I'd like to thank the authors/copyright
> [...]

715 Broadway 10th Floor                 fax  +1 - 212 - 995 4122
                    "Hello New York! We'll do what we can!"
                           Bill Murray in `Ghostbusters'.