Re: ldp-es_20002103-7_i386.changes REJECTED

On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 10:51:50AM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña <jfs@computer.org> writes:
>
> > 	No it doesn't.
> > 	The original copyright applies to the original work.
> > 	The translation's copyright applies to the translation.
>
> I'm afraid you are quite wrong.  A translated work is a product of both
> the original author and the translator, and both have an independent
> copyright.

Several people have explained this to Javier.  He seems unwilling to
look through Galileo's telescope on the point.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      "There is no gravity in space."
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      "Then how could astronauts walk