Re: [Firebird-devel] Warning: readline is GPL - incompatible with MPL

Grzegorz Prokopski wrote:

I am afraid you're violating GPL this way. It doesn't matter if you
distribute this lib or not. The fact is that you use lib's headers
and use lib itself (while compiling and then linking the program).
Im not a lawyer, it's been intersting looking over the web on readline, with python, alladin ghostscript and others. I wonder if techincally anything compiled on linux is 'legal' :-).

But best to avoid it, I've compiled in editline and it works fine, so we don't have to worry about it anymore.

Thank you for your understanding
No worries.

Cheers

Mark