Re: Endorsements

On Sun, Jun 23, 2002 at 11:06:10AM +0200, Thomas Uwe Gruettmueller wrote:
> IANAL, so I am not entirely sure, but...
>
> In step 2, the guy who adds section B gains a copyright on the
> _entire_ text, independently of its original copyright, not just
> on section B.

I don't believe this is true.  You cannot supersede someone else's
copyright by anthologizing their work.

Instead I think the guy who adds section B gains a copyright on all
parts of the work that original to him.  Maybe this is just section B,
maybe it's some interstitial material as well.

> So, when you remove section B again, you are free to choose,
> whether you regard it as the original DFCLed work or a derivate
> work of the GPLed big one.

I think your reasoning is flawed here.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Any man who does not realize that
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    he is half an animal is only half a