Re: TeX files in etc

>     Claire M. Connelly" <cmc@debian.org> has pointed out several other
>     problematic files. Some with a clear non-free license (e.g. "not on
>     cdrom" or "not sell") have been removed. But most of the packages have
>     some unclear status and I wonder if this should be resolved before I
>     make a new release.
>
> I suggest setting a deadline now for how long to wait for that.
> Don't let it drag on forever.

Just to sum up the effort: I had to remove 5 packages and a few
manuals (because people did not reply to mail, or could no longer be
contacted). 15 other packages have been given a free software license.

The teTeX-beta from 2002-05-30 no longer contains any of the packages
with a known problematic license. I am now working towards a new stable
teTeX release and I don't think that we have to wait a long time for it.

Thomas