Re: Script contributed to V.E.R.A.

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 03:57:34PM -0400, Bob Hilliard wrote:
> #  Andres Soolo <soolo [at] ut . ee> writes:
> #  "Also, I'd like to contribute this non-interactive tool to look up
> #  VERA entries:"
>
>      The V.E.R.A. license is:
>
> > Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document
> > under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.1 or
> > any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no
> > Invariant Sections, with no Front-Cover Texts, and with no Back-Cover
> > Texts.

Hmm, looks like I'm going to want to run the first draft of the DFCL by
the V.E.R.A. folks.  ;-)

(BTW, just as a reminder to everyone, the V.E.R.A. license is DFSG-free
as I understand it.  It has neither Invariant Sections nor Cover Texts.)

>      Can Mr. Soolo's statement of contribution be assumed to place the
> script in the Public Domain or under the V.E.R.A. license, or would it
> be necessary to obtain a specific statement from Mr. Soolo?

Because you don't know which of those two assumptions to make, I'd say
that's a good indication that you need to contact the author.  :)

Actually, that's unfortunate.  Sorry for the bad news.  Please contact
that gentleman and ask him for a clarification.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    The best place to hide something is
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    in documentation.