Re: gnuplot license

Simon Law <sfllaw@engmail.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 07:01:07PM -0600, Joe Wreschnig wrote:
> > On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 09:23, Peter S Galbraith wrote:
> > > OT, but I'm sure most people first pick gnuplot because they think it is
> > > the GNU tool for the job.  It's too bad that it capitalizes on the name
> > > with such a license.
> >
> > Well, what *is* the GNU tool for the job? AFAIK there isn't one.
>
> 	Use GNU graph, which is encapsulated within GNU plotutils.

I have trouble with graphing software in which everything is controlled
from the command line.  A quick look at graph's info pages suggests
that's the case here.

While not a GNU project, I recommend `gri' which has a simple scripting
language with english words (as opposed to integer arguments that means
various non-intuitive things):

 http://gri.sourceforge.net/

Disclaimer:  I'm its Debian maintainer as well as the author of its
emacs mode.

Peter