Re: gnuplot license

Scripsit tb@becket.net (Thomas Bushnell, BSG)

> gnuplot predates the GNU project.

The earliest copyright date in any of the gnuplot 3.7.1 source files
is 1986; gnuplot 1.0.3 was relased November 16/17 that year in a series
of postings to net.sources.

The only mention of any year between 1980 and 1985 anywhere in the
source tree are two functions that are (c) 1985, but appear to have
been imported into gnuplot only much later.

The GNU manifesto was first published in 1985, but as early as 1983
Rms announced the project in a posting to net.unix-wizards.
<http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=771%40mit-eddie.UUCP>

--
Henning Makholm                        "I ... I have to return some videos."