Re: Documentation licenses (GFDL discussion on debian-legal)

On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 11:52:29AM -0600, Joe Wreschnig wrote:
> Because we have bible-kjv, a program that browses it. The bible, besides
> being a excellent source of statistical information about the languages
> it has been translated into, is often used as a reference book, like an
> encyclopedia or dictionary. Those are of definite use to most people,
> especially when there are programs to aid in using them as a reference
> (dict, bible-kjv).

As a data point, I use bible-kjv to look up a quote or phrase relatively
often; as a wild guess, about 10% as often as I use dict to look up
a word.  I certainly use it more than any file from miscfiles, for
example.  And I'm not even a Christian.  Quotes from the bible are simply
in common use in the language (and many people who use them don't even
realize it :).  I would appreciate a tool for browsing the works of
Shakespeare for the same reason.

Richard Braakman