Re: cupsys + libssl + libgnutls = confusion.

On Sun, 3 Nov 2002, Andrew Lau wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 02, 2002 at 09:22:45PM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > config-scripts/cups-openssl.m4 in the cupsys source package contains the
> > autoconf macro cupsys uses for this purpose.
>
> Hey Adrian,

Hi Andrew,

> 	I just looked at that
> cupsys-1.1.15/config-scripts/cups-openssl.m4 and I find no mention of
> GnuTLS in there at all. Then I took at look at debian/rules and
> noticed that cupsys isn't even built with SSL or TLS enabled.

that's my fault: I should have said that you should look at the cupsys
package in unstable.

> 2. Until #16748 - cupsys needs a "Build-Conflicts: libssl-dev" is
>    resolved, any cupsys-pt client will have no encrypted CUPS server
>    in Debian to talk to.

#167489 will soon be fixed (Jeff's preferred solution is to change the
GNUTLS tests in cups-openssl.m4; the discussion is in the BTS).

> But...
> 	From my understanding of the above two clauses, cupsys can be
> built with OpenSSL support enabled. So why is it explicitly disabled
> at the moment? Why do you call for GnuTLS support for cupsys in
> #167489?  What is the official debian-legal position on this because
> I'm really, really confused now...

AFAIK the problem isn't cupsys itself. The problem is that if cupsys is
linked with OpenSSL then libcupsys2 is linked with it and therefore all
programs using libcupsys2...

> Yours sincerely,
> Andrew "Netsnipe" Lau

cu