Re: RFC and other standard.

Scripsit Giacomo Catenazzi <cate@debian.org>

> DFSG is only for software or also for documentation?

That has been the subject of long and heroic flame wars in the past.
I'd advice you to go back in the archives and locate the most recent
one (unless memory fails me you ought't go longer than max 6 months)
and then see if you still have anything to contribute the debate.

FWIW, each time so far it's been a draw. There haven't been a
consensus to kick doc-rfc-* (and other problematic documentation)
out of main. On the other hand, there has not been any consensus
for any particular explanation why they should be allowed in, either.

There *is* kind of a weak consensus that the fact that some
documentation with problematic licensing terms are currently in main,
is not in and of itself enough precedent to automacially put entirely
new packages with similar licenses in the clear. What to do from
there, however, remains unclear.

--
Henning Makholm                              "I consider the presence of the
                                      universe to be a miracle. The universe