Re: ldp-es_20002103-7_i386.changes REJECTED

On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 09:44:11AM +0100, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> (Note: I'm sending this to debian-legal in case somebody wants to jump into
> this discussion and shed some light)
>
> (Some background: ldp-es-200002103-7 which fixes RC bugs, was not
> accepted in the archive due to the license of the original work, not
> of the translations, which is the only documentation provided by this
> package).

[...]
> >  |   Permission to reproduce this document in whole or in part is
> >  |   subject to the following conditions:
> >  |     -The copyright notice remains intact and is included.
> >  |     -If you make money with it the authors want a share.
> >         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >  |     -The authors are not responsible for any harm that might arise
> >  |            by the use of it.

> Note that translations do not share the same copyright as the original works.

So what?

[...]

> In this case (this package) some documents might hold different licenses that
> *do not* apply to this package. Only the GPL does.

No, if any part of the package has a copyright license that is not
DFSG-free, the package is not DFSG-free.  Contrary to popular delusion
and FUD, the GPL does not supersede the licensing on any work (unless
the person who holds the copyright on a work says so).

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     Music is the brandy of the damned.