Re: cdrdao license issues show that cdrtools package is non DFSG, too?

On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 11:21:01PM +0200, Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 04:25:45PM +0200, Andreas Metzler wrote:
>> Perhaps Debian could solve this issue once and forever by paying 250
>> Euros to libedc_ecc's author, Heiko Eißfeldt?

>   No.

>   It's not the same to pay money to recover a proyect like Blender than
>   to recover a little piece of software like this.

>   As it's said here:
>   http://www.mail-archive.com/cdwrite@other.debian.org/msg03407.html

>   a GPL replacement could be written quite easy.

>   And as Adreas Muller says here:
>   http://www.mail-archive.com/cdwrite@other.debian.org/msg03415.html
>   he's going to write a replacement for that tool in some weeks.

EUR250,- is not much money and until the replacement has been written,
Debian is without distributable CD-writing software. - I am still
hoping somebody'll come forward and tell me that it is ok to
distribute the modified version of cdrecord.
               cu andreas
--
Hey, da ist ein Ballonautomat auf der Toilette!
vim:ls=2:stl=***\ Sing\ a\ song.\ ***