Re: what license is ?

On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 08:07:14AM -0400, Anthony DeRobertis wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-09-25 at 20:17, Santiago Vila wrote:
>
> > This is the (in)famous advertising clause. [...]
> > It does not prevent the program from being
> > DFSG-free, [...]
> How does it not violate DFSG 9?
i think that :
The license must not place restrictions on other software that is distributed
along with the licensed software. For example, the license must not insist
that all other programs distributed on the same medium must be free software.

is different from :

 All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this software
 must display the following acknowledgement:
 This product includes software developed by Niels Provos.

because it doesn't place restriction on the software, but it just say:
"Hey if you try to sell/send CD's or brochures in which you mention
libevent (also stegdetect has the same license), you have to esplicitally say
that that sw was made by Niels Provos"

i don't think this can be view as a restriction to other sw; it's just a banner.

i hope to have write on a clear english, if not forgive me, i'm no native
English speaker.

Regards
Samuele

--
Samuele Giovanni Tonon  <samu@linuxasylum.net>   http://www.linuxasylum.net/~samu/
          	Acid -- better living through chemistry.