Re: Debian logo and TM logos

Steve Langasek a écrit:

Are either of the above logos "confusingly similar" to our own?  If not,
trademark law does not give us any recourse in asking them to stop using
the logos, and there is nothing wrong with them registering their own
trademark.  The real problem is that this is a violation of copyright.
Debian-legal can't help resolve these situations -- either the original
logo designer, or SPI (assuming the copyright has been transferred or
SPI chooses to fund the lawyers) needs to get involved here to ask them
to stop using these logos.  Only the copyright holder or an authorized
representative has the legal authority to demand that they stop
infringing the copyright.

Thanks for your explanation.
As far as I understand, there is nothing wrong with the use of this logo since it does not confuse with Debian. The only thing is that the designer had his work 'stolen' and he is the only person who can react, or SPI if the copyright has been transferred.
Could anybody contact them?

Now let me tell you about some direct use of the debian logo (also mentionned on the -user-swedish list):
	http://www.taliban-news.com/topics.php
The use of the debian logo on this site may be a real problem if we consider the content of the site. Maybe you already know about this one ? In this case, sorry again for the noise.

Thanks,
	Nico.
--
Nicolas SABOURET