Re: one liner license, sufficient for DFSG?

On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 08:17:08AM -0700, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
> > --*snip*--
> > You can use this code in whatever way you want, as long as you don't
> > try to claim you wrote it.
> > --*snip*--
>
> That works out to be public domain essentially.  It would be nice if software
> developers would be less cavalier with their code.  You could actually sue
> him if his software failed to compile.

Yep, also this one-liner incorrectly says "use" where it should include
copy/modify/redistribute. I think that technically this doesn't even
grant the right to copy, only to "use". The fact that he mentioned code
implies that this includes a source copy license, but we don't know
for sure.

This author should really be contacted and asked to X11 whatever this
was.

-drew

--
M. Drew Streib <dtype@dtype.org>