Re: [Fwd: Re: font licensing]

On Wed, 2002-08-21 at 00:52, Michael Cardenas wrote:
> Please review the license below and let me know if it meets the
> dfsg. I think it does, but I'm unsure of this clause:
>
> "3] A modified font can be included in any non-profit and for-profit
>    software package as long as it's done free of charge with the
>    rules above met.  The person(s) who modified the font may not
>    profit from the modified font whatsoever."

Fails DFSG 3. The license must allow modifications to be placed under
the same license as the original font. (As well, the new license fails
at least DFSG 5.)

Other than that, I think this is OK.

--
Joe Drew <hoserhead@woot.net> <drew@debian.org>

"This particular group of cats is mostly self-herding." -- Bdale Garbee