Re: ACL - The Ada Community License

On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 07:33:53PM +1000, Brian May wrote:
> > > Selling the library is not forbidden.
> >
> > Really?  "You may not charge a fee for this Ada library itself."

Allowing a "reasonable copying fee" but saying that you can't charge for
the library itself doesn't, AFAIK, make the license fail DFSG.  (The
question here was whether this makes it GPL-incompatible.)

> > This discriminates against people who cannot put copyrighted works
> > into the Public Domain.

I questioned this, but there was no further discussion.  (I'll CC you
this reply separately.)

--
Glenn Maynard