Re: Encoding the name in the file contents (was Re: Towards a new LPPL draft)

David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk> writes:

> So either you accept that the naming restriction is compatible with Free
> software or you don't. But I don't see how you can possibly argue that
> if you take two pieces of work each with a "rename" restriction and put
> them together as a debian package, somehow the result should not inherit
> all the licence conditions from its constituent parts.

Or, I accept rather that sometimes a naming restriction is compatible,
and sometimes its not.

If the situation allows for the renaming of only a few things--and
only user commands, really--then I don't mind *that* much.  If the
situation requires the renaming of a jillion things, then I mind.