Re: Concluding the LPPL debate, try 2

> From: Henning Makholm <henning@makholm.net>
> Date: 26 Jul 2002 12:20:43 +0200

> Erm .. the *current* LPPL you say, being LPPL version 1.2? I cannot
> find any language in there that allows naming outside of the LaTeX
> search path. There seems to be no exceptions to condition (3) about
> not distributing modified files with original names.
> Could you please give a more precise reference, preferrably a quote,
> of the language you think allows this?

The license references modguide.tex, which says about creation of
LaTeX derivatives not called LaTeX:

  Ensure that it contains no file with a name the same as that of
  a file in the standard distribution but with different contents.
  (If this is not possible then you must:
    ensure that files from the non-\LaTeX{} system cannot be
    accidentally accessed whilst using a standard \LaTeX{};
  \item ensure that each file from the non-\LaTeX{} system clearly
    identifies itself as a non-\LaTeX{} file on the terminal and in
    the log file.)

I agree that this text sholud be a part of the license itself (or be
better referenced), but this language definitely is there.

Good luck

The devil finds work for idle circuits to do.