Re: Encoding the name in the file contents

Scripsit Walter Landry <wlandry@ucsd.edu>

> What if this md5sum were computed using TeX?  Assuming reasonable
> performance, would that be a solution?

Not really, I think - for where would the checksums to compare with
come from? They couldn't all be embedded in the kernel since the
kernel and the third-party packages whose integrity is (also) at issue
have asynchronous release cycles.

--
Henning Makholm                                "You are in a little twisting
                                            maze of passages, all different"