Re: User's thoughts about LPPL

On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 12:55:43PM +0200, Javier Bezos wrote:
> >> but the documents created using that distribution. If I get a
> >> document by "John Smith" (somehow), how can I see if _his_
> >> system had a modified latex?

Others (eg Boris) seem to be saying that the Latex developers don't
mind if you rename Latex to something else and modify it such that
\usepackage{article} in a document does something different than it
does in the real latex.  You're contradicting this, so I'll discontinue
this thread unless Frank or David speaks up to clarify this.

Glenn Maynard