Re: Motivations; proposed alternative license

On Wed, 2002-07-17 at 03:48, David Carlisle wrote:
> Could someone who speaks for Debian please state clearly how the TeX
> licence meets DFSG in ways that LPPL does not. If we can't understand
> this I don't see how we can possibly re-write LPPL to be compatible with
> both the TeX licence and DFSG.
>

> I repeat the TeX licence. Note point (2)

I am having trouble finding any file on my system (with tetex-base and
tetex-extra installed) that is licensed in this way.  What file did you
pull this license from?

You should note that tetex in Debian is split into free and non-free
parts; it's entirely possible that the file you quote is in our non-free
portion.