Re: GNU FDL 1.2 draft comment summary posted, and RFD

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 09:12:27AM -0700, Mark Rafn wrote:

> Are you advocating that we might need to non-lightly consider it?

I was responding to Branden mentioning that he might have to do
something-or-other to conform to DFSG, just mentioning that it should
not be taken as axiomatic (as opposed to merely very likely, for example)
that the DFSG will correspond to The Right Thing in this case.

> My semi-operational definition of "free" for a documentation/media license
> is "if source to an application were released under the license in
> question, it would clearly be allowed into Debian".

Yes. I have a feeling that we may find that we end up with something
appropriate for sources too...

> There are both edge cases and fundamental disagreements that Branden very
> likely already has on his list, but seeing discussion may help him
> determine how to prioritize them, and certainly helps me to understand all
> the considerations that go into the next proposal.

OK, I just don't like to see too many posts from /me on lists...

Cheers,

Nick

--
Nick Phillips -- nwp@lemon-computing.com