Re: forbidding later version of GPL for xsoldier

>The reason is always the same: trust no one.

A change by the FSF to the GPL is more likely to close a loophole
than open one. Honestly, if you trust no one, I don't see why you're
releasing the code; large parts of the world live under legal systems
that don't care about your copyright, either in practice or theory and
practice. The rest could probably violate it all over the place as
long as they were circumspect enough.

> Getting works done is more important than my paranoia.

IMO, using a common license that's compatible with GPL v2 and all later
versions (which GPL v2 alone isn't), and not making gratitious changes
to the licenses of code is part of getting work done.