Re: OpenSSL exception for GPLed code?

On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 03:56:49PM -0400, Sam Hartman wrote:
> Is a sunset clause DFSG free?

As long as whatever's left of the license would class as DFSG-free after
the sunset, yeah, sure, why not?

> It seems that it shouldn't be; implicit
> in clause 1 at least to me is the continued right of free
> distribution.  From a practical matter it seems we need to allow
> distribution at least through the given release cycle, but really
> having to go back and remove packages from archive.debian.org seems
> undesirable and non-free.

Whether we should allow ourselves to make use of the sunset-claused
clause is another matter, though, you're right.

Cheers,
aj

     ``BAM! Science triumphs again!''
                    -- http://www.angryflower.com/vegeta.gif