Re: linux gpl question

On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 01:15:23PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> now my question: the kernel's gpl, so everything using the kernel
> source must be gpl. that does force this guy to make the source of all
> his kernel tree patches available, unless he provides binary patches
> for the kernel, right? in this case, does he have to let people know
> exactly which patches are applied?

He has to provide source if you get the kernel. (Binary modules are
okay; binary patches aren't.) He doesn't have to let people know which
patches are applied; he can just give you the kernel source and let
you figure it out.

--
David Starner - starner@okstate.edu
"It's not a habit; it's cool; I feel alive.