OpenCard license question

Hello.  I am interested in packaging the OpenCard Framework for
use with the Debian GNU/Linux operating system (www.debian.org).
Debian contains only free software, as defined by the Debian Free
Software Guidelines (DFSG), available from
        http://www.debian.org/social_contract#guidelines
I am also interested in possibly using the OCF as part of
academic research here at Stanford University.  Currently, I have
it working well with my Dallas Semiconductor iButton along with
the OCF-compatible drivers provided by Dalsemi.

There is one obstacle, however.  This is the following clause in
the license for the OpenCard Framework drivers:

    Each Contributor agrees to provide condensed summaries of its
    Contributions to OCC periodically, from time to time on a
    schedule decided solely by Contributor, either with or
    without copies of the Program as modified by such
    Contributions.

We are concerned that this clause would prevent the use of the
OCF software in sensitive environments.  For instance, a company
might be prevented from using the framework because of corporate
prohibitions on revealing internal proprietary information.
Other scenarios are possible, too, such as the inability to
modify the OCF in a remote area where communication with the
OpenCard consortium is difficult or impossible.

Would it be possible to modify this clause, reducing it to a
request or a suggestion?  For example, the following would be
acceptable under the DFSG:

    OCC requests that each Contributor provide condensed
    summaries of its Contributions to OCC periodically, from time
    to time on a schedule decided solely by Contributor, either
    with or without copies of the Program as modified by such
    Contributions.

Thanks,

Ben.

P.S. If this does not reach a good person to ask this question,
can you please suggest who I might better ask?  Thanks again.
--
<blp@cs.stanford.edu> <pfaffben@msu.edu> <pfaffben@debian.org> <blp@gnu.org>
Stanford Ph.D. Student - MSU Alumnus - Debian Maintainer - GNU Developer