Re: WARNING: Crypto software to be included into main Debian distribution

Steve Langasek wrote:
> These two situations seem quite analogous to me.

Seems like quite a stretch to me.

> Does placing either condition (monetary compensation, or warranting
> that they're not planning to destroy the Earth) on access to
> particular mirror sites violate the licenses of software contained in
> Debian's main archive?  If so, what licenses?

No, of course not. If it did, they'd not be DFSG free licenses. Consider
that a large number of CD vendors place *gasp* restrictions on access to
their mirrors of debian. You have to send them money and then they send
you the bits.

--
see shy jo