Re: WARNING: Crypto software to be included into main Debian distribution

On Sun, Feb 24, 2002 at 02:50:27PM -0500, Sam Hartman wrote:

>     Florian> --i9LlY+UWpKt15+FH Content-Type: text/plain;
>     Florian> charset=us-ascii Content-Disposition: inline
>     Florian> Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
>
>     Florian> On Sun, Feb 24, 2002 at 01:02:51PM -0500, Sam Hartman
>     Florian> wrote:
>     >> I maintain openafs and krb5.  Both of these programs are US
>     >> origin programs in non-us maintained by US maintainers.  I
>     >> believe there are others.
>
>     Florian> Didnt know that - How does that fit into the picture.
>
> Well, it has to go in non-us because it's crypto.  I'm maintaining it
> because I want to and because when I brought up the legal issues on
> debian-legal over a year ago, no objected.

Give it up, I don't think Florian's going to pull his head out.

That, or he is very obliquely trying to suggest that Debian stop
operating its main archive inside the United States, as a form of
political protest against the U.S. government's "T7, axis-of-evil"
slope-headed, xenophiliac, unconstitutional policies.

If the latter, I suggest he come right out and say it.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     You could wire up a dead rat to a
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     DIMM socket and the PC BIOS memory