Re: license requirements for a book to be in free section

On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 02:39:28PM +0100, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> For example, just to remind everyone, RMS is not asking that Debian removes
> non-free and contrib.  However, he requires that someone installing the
> GNU system will not have the option to add those to the apt config offered
> to him.  So apt would be a good candidate to be replaced with a version of
> apt that contains a different sources.list configuration file, as one
> example (external solution).  Alternatively, Debian could have a hidden flag
> that could be triggered by the FSF that does the same thing without
> overriding apt or other packages (internal solution).

Currently, the Debian installer (boot-floppies/dbootstrap) already asks
whether to put non-free in the apt sources.list.  It seems to me that
creating a separate set of install disks for the GNU distro would be
sufficient to eliminate this question and configure only 'main' apt
sources.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer