Re: license requirements for a book to be in free section

On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 04:44:44AM +0100, Henning Makholm wrote:
> However, I'm not really sure whether the DFSG should also be read as
> requiring the free right to make and sell hardcopies. One could argue
> either way from the text of the DFSG, I think.

Should it be read to permit the free right to make and sell CD-ROM's or
floppy disks containing software?

Since when does the nature of the fixed form make a difference?

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Somebody once asked me if I thought
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    sex was dirty.  I said, "It is if