Re: One unclear point in the Vim license

    > Yep, that's the GPL.  Of course, the person you give the binary to can
    > say "you don't need to give me the source", and then you're off the
    > hook. =20

    Er, I don't think that's permitted, either.

Yes it is.  You have to provide or offer the sources, but the person
who receives them does not have to take or keep them.

      If it didn't, then I as Big Evil Proprietary Software
    Company would just sell binary-only CD's in exchange for cash plus a
    signed declaration that "I hereby forfeit my right to recieve source
    code from you".

I don't believe that is really the same situation.

    RMS, can this subject be explored in more depth for GPL v3?

I don't think there is a need for change here, and I think it would be
a bad idea for reasons already stated.