Re: Combining proprietary code and GPL for in-house use

http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal-0106/msg00143.html

> I don't belong to the school that believes that everything is
> forbidden unless explicitly permitted.

> It's not at all clear from the context what you mean by "this", but I
> can only guess you mean "combining proprietary code and GPL for
> in-house use".

I was indeed talking about the subject of this thread.

> This need not involve distribution, I think.

True.  For example, if we're talking about the single instance of a
unique work then no copies have been distributed.

> Currently my own opinion is that it's all right to combine proprietary
> code and GPL code if you don't distribute the result, but it's not all
> right to tell other people to do it, because, by telling other people
> to do it, you are covertly distributing the result.

Sure, it's the large-scale result that's relevant.

FYI,

--
Raul