Re: Macromedia flash and shockwave

> I don't think there's currently anything in non-free that can't be
> *distributed* freely.  If there is, I hope the person who put it there
> has read the license carefully and understood all the ramifications.
>
> Steve
>
> --
> Steve Greenland <stevegr@debian.org>
> (Please do not CC me on mail sent to this list; I subscribe to and read
> every list I post to.)

If I am not mistaken, there are packages in non-free that cannot be
distributed freely for commercial purposes. Therefore, people who are making
and selling CD-ROMs of non-free are advised to check the copyright of each
package they include to ensure that they are not violating it. (If anyone
knows better, please correct me.) I don't have any examples handy, but I
remember reading this in one of the list archives or in one of the manuals
(maybe policy or developer's reference). Can someone else think of any?

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@debian.org / jimmy@kaplowitz.org
Darn this WebMail client which is very good except for its lack of support
for changing the From: email address for a single message only! :-)