Re: three send back changes clauses

> >; 2.  Users of this software agree to make their best efforts (a) to
> >; return to me any improvements or extensions that they make, so that
> >; these may be included in future releases; and (b) to inform me of
> >; noteworthy uses of this software.
>
> The B section here really is outside the bounds of a copying license.  It
> doesn't make it non-free, just adds a trivial requirement that would be
> better phrased as a request.

I don't agree.  This puts a restriction on _users_.  This means that
it can't be used in the NSA, FBI, Los Alamos, typical Silicon Valley
startups, or any other place that doesn't let people talk about what
they do.  That violates DFSG#6: No Discrimination Against Fields of
Endeavor.

Regards,
Walter Landry
landry@physics.utah.edu