Re: request

On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 09:08:05PM +0100, Sergio Brandano wrote:

>   one, it would not be legally valid, as Debian is not a publisher in
>   the first place. If Debian is a publisher, could you please point me
>   at the legal document that can prove it? If there is a legal
>   agreement between me and Debian that legally entitles Debian to
>   publish my mail, could please Debian point me at that document, as I do
>   not have it in the first place? Please note that I have been posting

Note that in the United States, where the debian mail servers are
located, there is no qualification for becoming a publisher.  Anyone
can publish anything they want, provided they have the appropriate
copyright licenses.

Furthermore, Debian does not actually exist as a legal entity, so they
couldn't be a publisher even if that was required.

sam th --- sam@uchicago.edu --- http://www.abisource.com/~sam/
OpenPGP Key: CABD33FC --- http://samth.dyndns.org/key
DeCSS: http://samth.dynds.org/decss