Re: request

On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 09:03:01PM +0100, Mo McKinlay wrote:
> Apologies if this sounded like a bit of a rant, but I know that if I stand
> in the middle of Trafalgar Square and shout, I've got little right to
> request whoever tape-records or transcribes what I'm shouting doesn't
> publish it.

Note that in the US, where the debian archives are located, this is
not actually true.  You can't prevent people from recording it (since
recording in a public space is legal), but your expression is
copyrighted, and you have not published it by yelling it.  So if they
try to distribute it to their friends, you could prosecute them for
copyright infringement.

sam th --- sam@uchicago.edu --- http://www.abisource.com/~sam/
OpenPGP Key: CABD33FC --- http://samth.dyndns.org/key
DeCSS: http://samth.dynds.org/decss