Re: implicit permissions re: Email Archive Request

On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 02:17:11AM -0400, James Miller wrote:
> One thing that concerns me about both the GPL and Open Source licenses
> in general is that there's undue focus on their treatment under U.S.
> law.  We need to consider hte international implications carefully as
> well, particularly where moral rights are concerned.  (my view...)

This is definitely a problem.  However, I suspect it's fundamentally
impossible to create a license which passes legal muster in all that
many different countries.  This sucks, but is reality.

sam th --- sam@uchicago.edu --- http://www.abisource.com/~sam/
OpenPGP Key: CABD33FC --- http://samth.dyndns.org/key
DeCSS: http://samth.dynds.org/decss