Re: Contracts & Usage (was Re: FilterProxy and DFSG)

> But in order for it to have any legal validity, you do need to have a
> little click-here-to-agree thing before the user uses the program.

How can that make any difference? Assuming that we are talking about
law of contract here, how can clicking on a button in the privacy of
your own home can be interpreted as a communication between you and
another party? Anyway, if you say out loud "I do NOT agree but I have
a right to do what I want with my computer and the software which I
have legally acquired" while clicking, what would the communication
mean, if there were a communication?

Edmund