FilterProxy and DFSG

Regarding the discussion on debian-devel about FilterProxy, you said:

> You should add more than just this line.  The entire text of LICENSE
> should go into the copyright file.
>
> Is the author aware that the extra clauses also make his license
> incompatible with the GPL?  This means he can't use GPL code from
> other programs in FilterProxy.

Could you clarify this for me?  How is a usage restriction in violation
of the GPL?  How does this preclude me from including code from other
GPL projects?  Can you point me to the appropriate part of the GPL that
mentions this?

For reference, the license is here:
    http://draal.physics.wisc.edu/FilterProxy/LICENSE

Thanks,
-- Bob

Bob McElrath (rsmcelrath@students.wisc.edu)
Univ. of Wisconsin at Madison, Department of Physics