Re: REVISED PROPOSAL regarding DFSG 3 and 4, licenses, and modifiable text

Scripsit Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au>

> So, we've got four choices:

> 	a) Ignore the issue, hope it goes away, be inconsistent
> 	b) Special case RMS/the FSF
> 	c) Allow it for *everyone*
> 	d) Drop the GNU manuals as non-free, and write our own essay
> 	   about the importance of free documentation...

What about

   b2) Special-case Emacs and GCC - on grounds that it would be absurd
       not to have these particular packages documentet - *not*
       just because RMS happens to back them.

--
Henning Makholm                                 "Need facts -- *first*. Then
                                            the dialysis -- the *analysis*."