Re: REVISED PROPOSAL regarding DFSG 3 and 4, licenses, and modifiable text

On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 02:31:55PM +0000, Stephen Turner wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, Anthony Towns wrote:
> >
> > Are you trying to make emacs20 non-free?
[...]
> With no disrespect to the FSF, I think that Debian should decide its policy
> by considering the merits of competing arguments. It shouldn't write policy
> in order to keep any particular package or packages out of non-free.

I completely agree, but aj does not appear to share this premise; or at
least if he does, he's not arguing from them.  That is possibly one
reason why he and I appear to be talking past each other.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      To stay young requires unceasing
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      cultivation of the ability to