Re: Debian trademark [was: Debian GNU/w32, may ready to be started?]

On 3 Dec 2001, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:

> Ean Schuessler <ean@brainfood.com> writes:
>
> > I think that it is worth pointing out that "GNU" is not a registered
> > trademark of the Free Software Foundation. The only barrier to using it
> > would be politeness and deference on our part to the FSF.
>
> Right.  So let's be appropriately polite and deferential with the
> FSF's name, and not call something that's based on non-free software
> "GNU".

What part of this port is non-free?

The only non-free component I know of is the target OS, which has nothing
to do with the content of the port.

This "touching proprietary software is poison" concept is simply not very
useful in practice, and is NOT supported by the DFSG.

Luck,

Dwarf
--
_-_-_-_-_-   Author of "Dwarf's Guide to Debian GNU/Linux"  _-_-_-_-_-_-