Re: PROPOSED: interpretive guidelines regarding DFSG 3, modifiability, and invariant text

    > That is unacceptable because it would allow modified versions of the
    > GNU Manifesto.

    =2E..but not modified versions that carried the FSF's endorsement (unless
    the FSF decided to do so),

I understand that, but this won't be enough to make sure our message
gets through.  So I will not make the license changes that you
want.  We will continue releasing the Emacs Manual with the GNU
Manifesto as an invariant section that can't be removed or modified.

You and I have stated our views on this well enough, and I don't have
time to repeat mine.  We may as well agree to stop arguing about this.
Debian will eventually make a decision.