Re: GFDL is a DFSG-compliant license

Sunnanvind Briling <sunnanvind@fenderson.com> writes:

> As far as I know, even though this discussion may have been going on
> for longer than I've been on the list, it started with some fonts and
> xfig-examples and Branden said "Debian can only distribute free
> software, as in DFSG-free"...

I think that it is agreed that fonts and xfig-examples need to be free
without exception, because they are functional elements.  They
certainly don't fall into any category of "irrelevant" to make an
exception for them.

> You should talk this out with Branden, I have a hunch (just vibes, not
> based on anything) that there's some misunderstandings still, but I
> hope I'm wrong and it's just me that's confused.

Indeed the discussion isn't over, but it's not like Brandon and I are
the arbiters of what is correct.  Everyone who has something positive
and constructive to contribute should do so.

> Anyway, there's not much I can do now, since things are either A)
> totally okay, in which case I should stay the hell away, or B) totally
> confused and there's some Important Decisions to make and I may as
> well stay away.

Which includes you: there is no special category of Important
Decisions such that you shouldn't feel free to ask questions and make
suggestions.