Re: Licence for free ttf fonts - open source enough?

On Fri, Oct 12, 2001 at 11:48:09PM +0200, Sunnanvind Briling Fenderson wrote:
> Oh. Now I let my mind wander again. Anyway, what I was going to ask is
> this: is there a "recommended license" for fonts in Debian? Is the
> Arphic license okay? (A quick glance through it seems to say yes.)

The Arphic license is okay. Debian doesn't usually recommend license;
it's too contentious an issue among developers. I would recommend just
offering free licenses to authors and not trying to push one free
license. IMO, the XFree86 license is nice, especially if it's something
that can get merged into X.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
"I saw a daemon stare into my face, and an angel touch my breast; each