Re: Licence for free ttf fonts - open source enough?

On Fri, Oct 12, 2001 at 12:55:14PM -0700, Walter Landry wrote:
> Why don't you ask him why he won't allow the alphanumerics to be
> altered?  If it is just that he doesn't want people to make them ugly,
> and thus reflect badly on him, them he can put in a clause where
> derived works must be given a different name.  Unfortunately, It
> sounds a little like he wants people to get improved fonts from him,
> for a fee.  There may not be a way to free these fonts.
>
> Other than the modifcations part, I don't see any problem with the
> fonts going into main.  They can certainly go into non-free as is.

There's also a clause about not changing the name. Since we have a
clause specifically permitting forcing a name change, I'd say that not
permitting a name change would be disallowed restricting modification.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
"I saw a daemon stare into my face, and an angel touch my breast; each